Why should you join?
An annual membership can simplify your life, save you money, help you maintain your home, reduce your stress, keep you mobile, and connect you to others in your community. The benefits include confidence, connectedness, independence and peace of mind.
Review the benefits and if membership is right for you - press sign me up at the bottom of this page or contact us at 650-440-5030.
Two levels of membership are available, depending upon your needs:
A Village Member has access to a variety of social and cultural activities and access to preferred community merchants/vendors, some of whom may offer discounts.
For those members wanting additional benefits, a Member PLUS has access to personal and in home support services through screened volunteers.
Details of each membership below!
Social Events and Programs - Members can choose from a wide array of social and cultural events and programs. For example, dining out, educational health conversations, recreational/fitness activities, theater/symphony/museum outings, tech tips from our teens, and other social events. Such events and programs will provide opportunities to meet new people and become active with others in our community.
Preferred Vendors - Members can access a recommended list of local business and service providers that offer home maintenance and personal service and may offer discounts.
Members Plus Receive all of the above Membership benefits Plus +++
Members Plus will have access to all events and programs and to recommended local businesses and service providers
What adds the PLUS to this membership level is, when ever possible, screened and trained volunteers will provide the following at no additional cost to you:
“Ride” – Local Transportation for appointments, shopping, events, and other destinations from HMB through Montara.
“JCI” Just Checking In – Phone check in and/or visits by arrangement
Med Pal –May include, as needed:
- Assistance with preparation for medical/clinical appointment (list of medications, insurance info, formulating questions prior to appt.)
- Assist with note taking and/or form completion
- Assist with further medical appointment scheduling (referrals from the doctor)
- Assistance with organizing medications
- Assistance with updating family members on health conditions
- Run errands
- Light gardening help
- Pick up prescription, dry cleaning,etc.
- Help with paying bill
- Clearing clutter, organizing (ie. calendar)
- Assist with pet care
- Assist with laundry
- Home-check when member is away
- Care-giver relief for short periods
In - Home Support
- Handyman projects for at-home minor repair
- Home safety check for fire/CO2 and fall prevention
- Change light bulbs
- Change fire alarm batteries
- Take trash/recycling to the curb
Technology Support – Assistance with devices such as computers, phones and tablets, as well as, social media and selected software components. This could include in-home support or group clasroom sessions dependent upon membership demand and volunteer availability.
Concierge – This service will allow members to enjoy a one-call resource for access to volunteers or preferred service providers. Information on upcoming Village events and programs, as well as referral to other community events, programs, and resources will be available.
MEMBERSHIP PLUS ELIGIBILITY *
• Adult residents of the Coastside living in the area between Montara and Half Moon Bay
• Willing to provide emergency contact information (family, friend or other in case of need)
• Responsible for and capable of making key decisions about one's own life
• Living in a residence that presents no known threats to health or safety to visitors
• Self-sufficient in meeting personal care needs, either through self-care or with assistance of a personal care-giver
• Current medical coverage/plan in place including relationship with a medical provider
* Member Plus applicants will be interviewed in their homes to assess eligibility based on these criteria, so that we are mutually assured the Village can meet their needs.
Members commit for a year, which helps us build and maintain a thriving Village. With an annual commitment, Fees may now be paid monthly by credit card.
Individual $240 (= $20 monthly)
Single $480 (= $40 monthly)
Household of 2 or more residing in the home $600 (=$50/monthly)
Refund Policy: We appreciate your annual commitment. While we do not provide refunds for membership signups and renewals, exceptional circumstances will be considered.